Grafton Office – Junior / Intermediate Engineer
You will have a minimum qualification of BE(Hons) with an emphasis on the structural related papers in the later years of your university study.
New Zealand experience is desirable and familiarisation with NZ codes is essential – preference will be given to candidates possessing these attributes.
You would be mentored by our structural team and receive a good variety of work suitable for working towards your application for CPEng.
A minimum of 1–2 years’ post graduate experience, you would be part of a 13-person team of Engineers and Revit operators based at our Grafton office.
Successful applicants will be academically strong in structural engineering, be enthusiastic with a desire to pursue a career in structural engineering.
A good understanding of seismic principles is also essential.
The following attributes will also be taken into consideration.
- Good command of English language.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- A social personality.
- Someone who can converse with fellow staff, clients and fellow consultants.
- A practical approach to problem solving.
- A well-rounded person with life skills.
Grafton Office – Site Engineer
This role would suit a candidate with either a degree or technical qualification – e.g. BE(Hons), BE Tech, NZCE or NZDE/ REA or a combination of these. You’ll ideally have 2-3 years minimum experience, however, a more experienced Engineer who may be looking, for example, for a 4 day week, would also be considered.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Good solid on site experience.
- The ability to get on well with site personnel.
- A thorough understanding of structural principles.
- Knowledge of reinforced concrete and structural steel and timber construction.
- The ability to check structural steel and precast concrete shop drawings with strong attention to detail.
- A general understanding of site procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A commitment to Health & Safety.
- Ideally your own car for which mileage will be reimbursed.
If you have a solid structural background and a commitment to work well with staff and clients at all levels, then we would like to hear from you.
All enquiries should be addressed to Rose Pyne, email: email@example.com